Skip to main content

Beauty Inside Out with Newly Launched Hada Labo Hydrating Water Gel

Sponsored Article

It pays to have fun at work

Sorry for bad quality photos.
My old junk camera almost dead at that time but just still need to keep snapping though or you miss this moment... My last day at PWR Design Sdn Bhd


From left : Jack Tan (Fireball in the Company) & Me

From left : Wai Gin (always thought she look like Sally Yeh) & Me



In photo : my friends at previous company - from left : me, Brandom (My Teddy Bear) and Nev (Queen of Screamer)

I read this article by Roshan Thiran in StarBiz yesterday title 'It pays to have fun at work!'. Very interesting article, talked about Southwestern Airlines-CEO Herb Kelleher. At his Company, employee working hard , achieve result as well as having fun at working place. They even have weekly team activities and after lunch crazy hours. They have fun together and result to this activities... bonding to each employee and most of them tend to be very motivated and don't want to miss work. Even their work performance increase!
There are few reasons why having fun is important in the workplace.
Levity boosts our ability to think outside the box and enables us to generate innovative solutions necessary to solve problems. Fun is great creative booster!
Even research also indicates that while having fun, we develop neural cells in areas devoted to learning and memory. Fun is also good for teaching.
Google , with its fun workplace , retains about 95% of their employees!
People are naturally attracted to fun..

When we talked about having fun at work doesn't mean we neglected our responsibility towards the company. We need to balance up. Through company activities we could develop closeness and bonding to each employees. Result to this , positive team works!
I once worked with almost similar company. I love to be with this company so much and if not because of limitation in my career enhancement, I never thought of leaving the company. (small size company). We have monthly activities which we have selective employee rotation to organise activities for the month. It was pretty interesting though. Since my 1st day at this company our relationship at workplace like working in one big happy family. We experience playing crazy games together , travel all the way to Klang for Seafood, watching movies and many more activities. All this activities included our beloved Bosses as well. They are very sporting and cool. I believe most of x employees from this company will misses the bonding to each other when we left the company. Ah! I miss my experience at PWR Design Sdn Bhd.

I remember always looking forward to go to work every morning because I know many friendly and fun people waiting for me.

At my current company, limitation set by the boss. We even were told to eliminate all friends and family. We have to devote our life towards company 24/7. Even song played in the company also very selective song. All employess cannot show the closeness to each other in front of the boss or we will be accused on having politics and trying to go against the company. Its not I am trying to tell tales but this is fact!

Why I am still here, despite so many limitations?
I love my job.
I have job satisfaction here eventhough this will be gone soon.. but I enjoy what I am doing now every moment.

Althought this is difficult job but with all new challenges everyday... make my life very interesting and really learn a lot from all the challenges.

But I dragging myself to work every morning because of the negative environment.

My life is not complete...

Culture of the company?

My comment.. I admit, we have very very high turnover of staff.

Sad though and I wish one day the boss will understand its not just about work and maximise profit. We also need to balance up in life work, having fun, personal life, family...
Why?

Life is short..
Be spontaneous...
Enjoy every single day in your life..
Have fun!
Try your best to fullfill your dreams..

Comments

Ads In Feed

Adsense in text

Popular posts from this blog

Cosmoderm Luminous A Retinol Review

In general, most people are advised to start using retinol in their mid-20s. Why do we need retinol for our skin? Well, this is because collagen and elastin production starts to slow down. Adding retinol into our skincare routine at age of 25 to 30 is the perfect time to slow down the ageing process. So, what is retinol that people are hyping about? In short, retinol is a topical product containing a vitamin A derivative. Technically speaking a type of retinoid which works to increase collagen production. It helps to treat acne, and blackheads and is also ideal to improve skincare texture such as minimising fine lines, and wrinkles and brightening dull skin. Personally, I am a beginner in adding Retinol into my skincare routine. At the age of 47 years old. I guess, am afraid to start one because I read many side effects if use it wrong.  What is the side effect if you use retinol wrong?  Retinols can increase your skin's sensitivity to sunlight. So, it is advisable to apply this at

Cosmoderm Tea Tree Oil and Vitamin E Product Review

  I was so excited to get an opportunity to review the Malaysia famous skincare brand Cosmoderm, this week. So in love with their Vitamin E Bi-Phased Tonning Essence. If you are a big fan of Cosmoderm skincare, you will know that they have few dedicated series for specific skin conditions. One of their famous skincare series is the Tea Tree Oil.  Last week, I got my hands on the new improved look CosmodermTea Tree Oil and Vitamin E series. * Tea Tree Oil Facial Cleanser * Tea Tree Oil Refining Oil Control Serum * Vitamin E Facial Cleansing Foam * Vitamin E Bi-Phased Toning Essence Cosmoderm Tea Tree Oil skincare series is suitable for oily and acne-prone skin. To be honest, I in love with their new subtle colour packaging. It looks more classy compare to the previous packaging. The Cosmoderm Tea Tree Oil series a proven natural antibacterial with soothing properties to reduce acne and acne spot. The most important,  price for each of their skincare is affordable for anyone. Cosmoderm T

Acupuncture Treatment at Tung Shin Hospital

My Plantar Fasciitis getting bad after return down to KL from Genting short weekend getaway recently. I guess my backpack load too heavy and stress up my heel so much. For those who don't know what is Plantar Fasciitis, I will give you some brief about this. Who knows it may hit you too once you aging like me...hehehe. Anyway, its good to know. Plantar Fasciitis is common pain for middle-aged people. WTH! can't believe I aged this quickly. Young people don't so happy! If you on your feet a lot and do lots of sports, this can hit you too.This pain caused by straining the ligament that supports your arch.  I got mine last year after came back from Taiwan trip in April 2016. I got diagnosed with knee problem in June 2016. So literally tackle my pain one by one. I concentrate on my knee healing and ignore the pain on my feet. Recently the pain on bottom of my heel getting unbearable. Every step with lots of pain and really wish can swallow pain killers or I kill people